Summer Holidays - Week Four

Tuesday 18 September 2018

Week four of our summer started with a special breakfast at my dad's church on the Sunday morning. I loved the wild flowers in bobbins as table decorations.

I love the charity shops in Stornoway. We've found so many great bargains over the years. My latest find was the beautiful bundle of Spode China for just £12.

We headed over to the west side to watch Point play again. It was beautiful when we left Stornoway and pouring rain when we reached the west side! Still, we watched Point win again so it wasn't all bad.

We spent another day at our favourite beach.

While the boys played shinty I had a new crochet project on my hook.

We found a huge jellyfish on the shore line.

We enjoyed a lovely dinner out with my mum and dad.

We called in to visit my uncle and aunt and Fraser loved seeing my uncle's old tractors.

And the boys all enjoyed a quick spin on his quad.

I managed to catch up with a few of my cousins this summer which was really lovely. One of these catch ups was at the beach where we spent out summers hanging about together as kids.

At the end of week four we packed up and had a super early drive down to Harris to catch the ferry down to Skye for this year's Shinty Camp. I drove down with most of the boys, and James' girlfriend, while my husband Andy and David took the Ullapool ferry as he had to go to Inverness first to pick up a minibus for the camp.

It was a really beautiful morning, it almost made getting up at 5am not quite so bad.

Like last year I was the cook at camp. This year my assistant cook was James' girlfriend.

This was where I would be spending most of my time for week five of our summer.

I had organised and booked all of our food to arrive in three separate huge Tesco deliveries over three different days and so the first of these deliveries arrived and needed put away a few hours after we arrived in Portree. 

The hostel where the camp is held is a lovely place. The dining room is so cheery.

Campers arrived by about 5pm and then it was all go for the next 8 days.

The boys had all been looking forward to shinty camp as they had enjoyed it so much last year. 

Fraser was particularly excited when he saw that his little bed was right next to my one!

By 11pm I was more than ready for bed, after being up at 5am and having such a non stop day.